UT’s seventh annual Social Media Week will kick off Tuesday, February 20, and continue through Thursday, February 22.
All Social Media Week events are free and open to the public. All sessions will be held in the Communications Building on Circle Park Drive.
The week will begin Tuesday, February 20, with a live remote broadcast by WUTK 90.3 FM in front of the Communications Building from 9 to 9:40 a.m.
Panel discussions and guest speakers will feature social media professionals representing a wide range of industries, including media, sports, entertainment, advertising, public relations, and security. Session topics are as follows:
Tuesday, February 20
- Local Media and Social Media
- Scripps Networks Interactive and Audience Engagement
- The Dark Side of Social Media
- The Post-Weinstein “New Normal” of Whistle-Blowers and Resulting PR Impact
Wednesday, February 21
- Embracing Facebook Ads: Your New Social Media Superpower
- Lunch and Learn Networking Event with the CCI Graduate Student Association
- Sports Talk with John and Jimmy WNML Live Radio Remote
Thursday, February 22
- Anti-Social: How I Turned a Social Media Job into the Role I Really Wanted
- Social Media in the Age of Sports
- The Revolution and Evolution of Marketing
Students will have the opportunity to participate in interactive and engaging dialogue with the guest speakers and social experts. Several UT alumni are among the panelists and speakers: Bryce Caldwell (’02), Marianne Canada (’10), Annie Carr (’16), Ashley Kerns (’05), Victoria Kline (’10), Karli Sanders (’10), Chance Vineyard (’11), Mary Beth West (’94), and Stephanie Wierwille (’11).
Those interested in supporting UT Social Media Week 2018 can do so with a gift to UT’s Public Relations Enrichment Fund. All events will be live streamed, archived, or both. A full schedule can be found on the UT Social Media Website.