Back to top
- While logged in, select the page to which you would like to add a link.
- Click the Edit tab.
- Highlight the text you would like to link.
- Click the Insert/Edit Link function. (Looks like a chain link.)
- A new window will pop up.
- Enter the URL of the link in Link URL field.
- To link to another page within our website, please use a RELATIVE URL (remove the http://www.cci.utk.edu part and leave /rest-of-the-link)
- To link to an outside website: Type in the complete web address (ex. http://www.google.com) into the Link URL field.
- Choose the Target - either to open the file in the same window if the link stays on our site or in a new window if it goes to a page outside our sites.
- The Title is what the user sees as the cursor hovers over the link.
- Click Insert to insert the file link on your webpage.
- Preview then Save the page to save your work.
- Check to make sure the link works as you expect it to work.