Back to top
Adding Graphics to Your Page
- Log in and go to the page where you want to add an image
- Click the Edit tab.
- The image needs to be on the webserver in order to use it on a webpage. Go to File below the Body field.
- Click on "Choose File" to browse for your image file, then click "Upload" to upload it.
- Uncheck "Display" so the image file won't be listed at the bottom of your finished page.
- Right click on the blue image file name to "copy link address" of your uploaded image.
- In the Body section, place your cursor where you want the image and click on Insert/Edit Image (photo of the tree).
- Paste the copied image URL (link address) into the Image URL field in the popup window. PLEASE remove everything in the pasted link that comes before /sites/default/files/image-name.jpg, so that you have a RELATIVE URL - it will work much better across all browsers!! The corrected Image URL will be something like /sites/default/files/(perhaps other folders)/image-name.jpg
- Add an Image Desciption (students studying, person’s name, etc. This is the description that will appear when someone hovers their cursor over the image.) This is also used for SEO (Google) and by screen readers - important for ADA compliancy. Copy the image description into the title field.
- Add a Title.
- Click on the Appearance tab on the popup window
- Select an Alignment based on where you would like the image to appear. "Right" or "Left" will make the text wrap around the image.
- Use the dimensions function to resize the image.
- Most photos on the site have a border of 1 and vertical and horizontal space of 5 and 10.
- Click insert.
- After you have inserted the photo/graphic, you can select it and drag it to a new location inside the window. You can also change the dimensions with your cursor.
- Change the TEXT FORMAT to FULL HTML so the text will wrap!