Back to top
Uploading a File Attachment
- While logged in, select the page to which you would like to add file attachement.
- Click the Edit tab on the top of the page.
- Look for File - add a new file.
- Browse for the file you want to upload, then click Upload.
- Uncheck Display if you don't want the file to appear in a list at the bottom of the page. However, this can be useful if you want to upload a series of files and have the automatically appear as links on your page.
- If you want to make a text link to your file, right click on the blue image file name to "copy link address" of your uploaded file.
- Type in the text for the link to the file in the Body field and highlight that text.
- Select Insert/Edit Link (photo of the chain-links).
- A popup window will appear with a Link URL field.
- Use the relative URL for the link to the file - /sites/default/files/myfile.doc. By using relative links, the website can be moved to another server without breaking the links, and there are no https issues in some browsers.
- Choose the Target - either to open the file in the same window or in a new window.
- The Title is what the user sees as the cursor hovers over the link.
- Click Insert to insert the file link on your webpage.
- Preview then Save the page to save your work.
- Check to make sure the link works as you expect it to work.