Funding Sources for International Grants and Research
1) US State Department, Bureau of Cultural and Educational Affairs: For Scholars & Professionals
- Fulbright Program Opportunities for Scholars and Professionals
- Fulbright Program Opportunities for Teachers and Administrators
- International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP)
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships Program
- Office of Citizen Exchanges - Professional Programs Division
- Study of the United States Institutes for Scholars
- Junior Faculty Development Program
- Educational Partnerships Program
REQUESTS FOR GRANT PROPOSALS
The following Requests For Grant Proposals (RFGPs) have been published in the Federal Register Grants.gov and will remain on this site until the closing dates. This site is updated whenever an RFGP opens or closes. Please read each RFGP for the closing date and other information for proposal preparation. If you have questions, staff contact information may be found in the text of each RFGP. Currently there are no RFGPs.
IREX programs have advanced the education and expertise of over 20,000 scholars, professionals, and students for nearly 35 years.
Application forms can be downloaded directly from the individual programs' web pages. Please review the guidelines for each program carefully before submitting your application. Note that IREX neither encourages nor generally considers unsolicited proposals. All programs and provisions described are subject to change and may be adjusted in response to changes in available funding.
IREX programs have grant opportunities for the following:
IREX sponsors a broad range of fellowship opportunities for masters, predoctoral, and postdoctoral research, as well as for senior scholars, professionals, and policymakers.
- Individual Advanced Research Opportunities Program (IARO)
- Policy-Connect Collaborative Research Grants
- Regional Symposium Grants
- Short-Term Travel Grants Program (STG)
- US Embassy Policy Specialist Program (EPS)