Videos of CCI Study Abroad students in Australia!
Study Abroad Options for CCI students - 2018
- Global Public Relations and International Communication in Siena, Italy. Led by Dr. Candace White this program will be offered in the first session of summer 2018. Students may earn up to 6 hours in Public Relations for participating in this program.
- Intercultural Communication and Making International Presentations in Dublin, Ireland, Led by Dr. Laura Miller and Megan Fields students may earn 6 credits in Communication Studies during the first session of summer.
- Advertising students may participate in the University of Arkansas Semester in Rome in Spring 2018.
- Study in Sydney, Australia - Check out the Students' Blog from Spring 2017! CCI Global Scholars in Sydney, Australia. Nineteen CCI students are participating in this unique program. Students earn 13 hours of credit including a UT course on intercultural communication, a course taught at the University of Sydney on the history and culture of Australia, and an 8-week internship in Sydney. Application are now being received for Spring 2019.
- Going on Assignment in Prague. Professor Stuart N. Brotman will lead this important investigative journalism project July 8 - 28, 2018
- Check the UT Study Abroad website for more information.
Studying or interning abroad experience for a CCI student means:
- Understanding the field of communications from an international perspective
- Expanding your career opportunities
- Advancing your cross-cultural and problem solving skills
- Improving foreign language abilities
- Fulfilling major, minor and general education requirements
- Developing a Global Professional Network
Experiences like this may change your life and enhance your career options in many ways. With today's increasingly interdependent world, significant cross-cultural experience is often what employers and graduate schools seek.
Academic Planning for Study Abroad in Communication and Information
Communication and information students can study abroad at any time once they have completed at least two semesters at UT. Transfer students may study abroad after completing one semester at UT. Students should meet with their major advisor in Communication and Information as early as possible to plan for the most academically useful experience abroad.
Participate in Field Study/Internship and Experiential Learning Opportunities
Participate in an internship to further immerse yourself in the culture and community of your study abroad program. Check with Career Services about the Intern in Ireland program which is aimed directly at Communication and Information majors. Experiential learning abroad programs can often be structured to fulfill major requirements if you think creatively and plan in advance with a communications advisor. Examples include incorporating your experience into a major project, honors thesis, or independent study course.