Learn how to capitalize on your own individuality while celebrating the diversity around you!
The CCI Diversity Student Leaders Society provides an open and accepting community for all students. Our purpose is to provide high quality educational opportunities and to promote understanding by embracing and celebrating the dimensions of diversity within each individual.
What is Diversity?
- Diversity achieves more than simple tolerance. Diversity encompasses acceptance, inclusion, and respect.
- Diversity embraces the differences associated with race, gender, sexual orientation, ideology, age, socio-economic level, life style, and religious belief.
- Diversity is each of us and all of us, individually and collectively.
Our Programs and Services
- Student Mentoring Program
- Social gatherings
- Student exchanges
- Diversity Speakers Program
- Job shadowing
- Inspiring diverse students to become leaders
- Inspiring and encouraging diverse students to think about and apply to graduate school
- Assessing the diversity climate within the College of Communication and Information
- Provide an open and accepting community for CCI students.
- Provide tools to help make students marketable for the global work place.
- Help students learn to stand out and think independently.
- Create a climate that affirms and endorses diversity.
- Provide underrepresented students with support, programs, and experiences that will keep them in CCI and in college.
- Build a bridge between CCI and existing diversity programs at UT.
- Provide an atmosphere that allows students to discuss ideas and information associated with diversity and conflict.
CCI Diversity Student Leaders Society - 2013-14 Officers
Director: Alice Wirth
Co-Presidents: Brittany Singh & David Porcari
Treasurer: Marietou "Inez" Diallo
Social Media: Ravyn Towns & Kwaku Yeboah
For information or questions about the Diversity Student Leaders Society, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible." --Mahatma Gandhi