Student internships and practicums provide invaluable on-the-job experience for College of Communication and Information students. Internships and practicums provide students with an opportunity to apply skills learned in the classroom, to build a network of professional contacts, and to begin the transition from student to professional.
Undergraduate and graduate students have a wide variety of programs and program locations from which to choose. Students complete internships in Knoxville and other U.S. cities, or abroad. To learn more about internships and practicum opportunities, visit the individual school internship sites.
- School of Advertising and Public Relations
- School of Communication Studies
- School of Information Sciences
- School of Journalism and Electronic Media.
The college and the university also provide opportunities for practical experience through many student media outlets.
School of Journalism and Electronic Media
- WUTK- Student radio station
- Tennessee Journalist - The news web site of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media
- Scoop - The magazine of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media
University Student Media